Is there a natural cure for herpes available?
A lot of people lose hope on getting rid of herpes, once they are diagnosed with it. It can be emotionally testing to live with Herpes because of the fear of passing it on to someone else. Headaches, mood swings, irritability and low self-esteem may come along with it. Over the time this behavior may lead to severe medical conditions like the Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease. Herpes is generally classified into two
- Herpes Simplex
- Herpes Zoster
Herpes Simplex Virus causes oral or genital herpes and Herpes Zoster, also known as Shingles is caused by the same virus as Chicken pox. Talking about genital herpes, it’s a fact that it can painful and difficult to cure. Acyclovir ointment is widely used to relieve the symptoms. But people bank upon natural cure for herpes outbreak for prolonged relief without any side effects.
Honey for Herpes
Honey was a conventional medicine for all infections back in 19th century. A study was conducted on 16 adults with oral and genital herpes, where prescribed honey on one infection and Acyclovir ointment in the other. It was inferred that honey proved to be 49% better in case of oral herpes and 53% better in case of genital herpes, when compared to Acyclovir. One needs to understand that this only cures the symptoms and not the disease. Honey has hundreds of varieties and the usual grocery store honey may not serve the purpose. A particular type of honey made from bees pollinating the Manuka trees is found to be highly beneficial natural cure for herpes sores treatment.
Properties of Manuka Honey
- Manuka honey is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Hydrogen Peroxide, being a component of this honey, adds to the anti-biotic properties.
- The nectar of Manuka flowers have high concentration of methylglyoxal, that gives the honey anti-bacterial properties.
- “Active Manuka Honey” is termed only after a honey passes the UMF test with a rating of atleast 10. This proves the potency of a particular honey over the other variants. It is basically the concentration of MG and other compounds present in the honey that adds to its therapeutic value.
- Manuka bush can effectively eradicate over 250 clinical strains of bacteria including a few resistant varieties too.
How to Use
Honey can be directly applied on the open sores in the genitals. It is advisable to be used 3-4 times a day. Reapplication after urination is suggested. The idea is to soak the wounds with honey all the time. Oral lesions can also be treated with honey in the same way. Manuka honey or raw honey can also be consumed in limited quantities every day.
Raw honey honey in its purest form is highly beneficial in treating the sores acting as a natural cure for herpes virus. ‘GRADE A’ honey should be strictly avoided as it may aggravate the infection. Although nature has wonder ingredients that can cure any ailments, purity is the matter of concern. It’s essential to use these natural ingredients in its purest form to reap maximum benefits from it.
We have many more options available for herpes treatment. Click here to know exactly about what is the cure for herpes – Medication or natural remedies.