Facial Herpes – Is Facial Herpes Treatment Available for Us?
No matter how hard you try to hide them, they speak of their existence to the world; this is what makes facial herpes your worst nightmare. Some of its uncommon names are oro-facial herpes, herpes labialis and herpes febrilis. HSV-1, the virus causing facial herpes, is the more prevalent virus than herpes simplex virus 2, with 65% of population in the United States having antibodies to HSV-1. Herpes simplex 1 generally infects the area above the stomach; mostly face is the common site for cold sores, what we call facial herpes often. In facial herpes, a group of fluid-filled blisters starts appearing on the red swollen areas of the skin or on the mucous membranes. Herpes Simplex Virus type 1 invades the cells of the epidermis, the outer layer of the skin, causing fluid-filled blisters to appear. Just before the pimple like lesions are developed an itching and burning sensation is felt which is generally ignored due to its mildness. The areas can be tender and painful. The blisters heal without scarring but they have a tendency of reoccurring. And if you do not use any remedy for treatment of cold sores, the infection may spread to other areas, and healing will also take indefinite time. The lesions if were caused by herpes simplex 1, will reoccur again and again with random frequency but generally on the same place of the body. Some of the herpes patients never ever go through any outbreak in their entire life and others have a fixed visit to the doctor monthly. It depends on your body type, immune strength, mental health and life style. Herpes most often leads to the social isolation of the sufferers because people always remain worried about getting infected if they come in contact with herpes patients. On an average you can expect blisters to stay on your face for up to a week if whenever you have an outbreak and do not treat it. Read more to get details about why social stigma of herpes is much more fatal than herpes itself.
One can not avoid the infection from occurring completely, but you can anytime reduce the chances of getting infected by keeping the following in mind.
- Never use a toothbrush belonging to an infected person. Even if there are no symptoms, the virus may be active inside and can transmit to the uninfected person. It is hence recommended not to share personal items like toothbrush, whether you have herpes or you don’t have the infection. Keep you personal items to yourself no matter how close you are with the other person to avoid painful consequences. Also, as soon as you see your cold sores disappearing go out and buy a new tooth brush if you don’t want the outbreak to come again soon. It is your tooth brush which directly comes into contact daily with the cold sores on your lips and mouth. No matter how hard you try to clean it, you can never make it virus free. So, it is always recommended to get a new piece immediately. It may be possible that facial herpes treatment is not available, but prevention measures can be made to keep yourself safe.
- Toothbrush alone is the culprit of spreading infection but some general items like crockery and food are also on the same line. Sharing infected crockery and cutlery such as spoons, forks, cups or drinking vessels or sharing food in the same plate with an infected person can prove to be fatal for you. Sometimes, in fact most of the times, the carrier himself is not aware that he is infected with herpes simplex virus and the above items are commonly shared among friends and family in that case.
- You should avoid kissing a person with a cold sore herpes infection. Sometimes cold sores disappear but the virus resides at the infection site for some more time. Even at this time kissing can lead to transfer of the virus. The most vulnerable time is right before the cold sores appear and just after an outbreak disappear. If you take care of yourself and keep yourself safe, there is no requirement of facial herpes treatment.
- Abstain from performing oral sex with an infected person, and try to use protection even after the outbreak episode is over because the chances of transmission are very high right after the cold sores disappears.
- Autoinoculation, when a newly infected infant, child, teenager, or adult sucks his or her thumb or licks a cold sore on the lip.
Even after taking all these precautions one can not be 100% sure of the protection against facial herpes, and hence you need to know the facial herpes treatment methods. The treatment methods for facial herpes are to be different from the conventional herpes treatment methods because the site of infection is very sensitive. Imagine someone tell you to apply the cream you apply on your nose or even genitals or your gums. It should not be done in any case because some of the ointment may create trouble by entering you food pipe.
Let us see what are the facial herpes treatment methods?
Do you love the vanilla flavored ice creams? If yes, this is the right time to eat more and more of them if you have facial herpes. Finally something is good about facial herpes treatment, right! Since vanilla is alcohol based, it makes it really difficult for the virus to survive for long time. This enhances the drying process and makes the cold sores die quickly. It is hence advised to grab the pure form of vanilla extract and apply in slowly on the affected area. This is something called a natural cure for herpes specifically used to cure facial herpes.
Black coffee- the tasty treatment
Herpes virus infects not only genital parts, but also lips, mouth, etc. Black coffee is one of the best remedies for facial herpes treatment. Blisters in the mouth cause severe pain. To treat them fast, you are required to prepare black coffee. Let it cool down and take a sip. Hold it in the mouth for some time. Move it onto the lips as well. For best results, repeat the process twice a day.
Clean it with hydrogen peroxide to treat
Although hydrogen peroxide cannot be used if you have cold sores on your tongue, you can use them on your face anytime. Soak a cotton ball in 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Use more if you feel it isn’t saturated enough. Place the cotton ball directly on your sore and hold it there for a few seconds, or dab it around. Let it be for 5 minutes or so, allowing it to do its job, before rinsing off. This will prevent the infection fro spreading further. This is really an effective remedy for facial herpes treatment.
Peppermint oil can kill all the viruses that live outside our cells and on our skin. In experiments, peppermint oil has stopped a number of viruses from reproducing, including herpes. However, it is not clear till now whether peppermint oil would have any effect on the herpes virus in humans. If you apply this oil on cold sores on your face, it clears all the viruses that are floating into the liquid part of the sores.
Let’s talk about licorice root and herpes. One of the more random natural cure for herpes cold sores facial herpes treatment that you can use is licorice. Glycyrhizic acid, an ingredient in licorice root, has been shown in some studies to stop the virus cells in their nasty little tracks-or at least counteract the symptoms of them. You can get licorice roots extract from the health store nearby and using it also is not a big deal. Like all other natural treatments for facial herpes, this also is totally free from side effects. Licorice root for herpes is a really effective natural remedy to get rid of the cold sores.
Chill it out with ice pack
Ice pack can give you instant relief if applied for adequate amount of time. Ice cubes can be sued to reduce the swelling or pain or the redness of the facial herpes. It can be applied every 3 to 4 hours to reduce the pain and redness of sores. The best part about this treatment for cold sores is also the same, you can apply the ice cubes literally anywhere on you body and it will do only good.
Putting a whole milk compress on your sore can help speed up the healing, and ease pain. Soak a cotton ball in approximately 1 tablespoon of milk, and apply it directly to the cold sore for several minutes. Before doing this you can either let the milk come to room temperature or, if you prefer, you can apply it cold.
Aloe vera for herpes. Aloe vera is not new as far as its medicinal use is considered. In fact it is being used to treat skin infections for last 6000 years. Aloe vera is the best remedy for facial herpes treatment with its natural healing properties. It can be effective for herpes blisters. To soothe the itching and redness, pure aloe vera gel should be used on sores. Else, take a fresh leaf of aloe vera. Cut it into two halves. Apply one of the gelled parts directly on the infected area. Aloe vera is the most promising treatment method for fighting herpes. And not alone herpes be it any type of viral infection, temporary or permanent, aloe has a beauty to do wonders in each one of them. Read more to know about the relation of aloe vera and herpes.
Herpes simplex 1 causes irritating blisters that if you touch regularly will spread on other sites as well. To avoid it, you need to keep the infection site moisturized so that there is no itching. Soap is necessary to wash the infectious fluid, but you cannot use it on all the parts of your face like inside mouth. Apply heated olive oil, some lavender oil and bee wax mixed in it to the infected area. This will help you get relief from frequent itching and will also accelerate the healing process in facial herpes treating as a great remedy for facial herpes treatment. You can also go for some resembling cure for herpes, i.e. olive leaf extract herpes cure.
Even if you eat some amount of this, it is not going to harm your body and health at all. This is why cornstarch paste is the best treatment for facial herpes. Talking about how to use cornstarch paste in facial herpes treatment, it is very easy and simple. Measure out 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and place in a small bowl. Mix in 1 teaspoon of fresh water. Add more water slowly until you achieve a paste-like consistency. Put a dab on your cold sore before bed, and rinse off gently with water in the morning. Do this every night before you go to sleep until cold sore is gone from your face.
With these treatment methods you can get rid of the very chronic side effects of the herpes medicines and ointments, and still treat facial herpes. This is possible only because of the amazing healing properties hidden in these natural remedies provided for facial herpes treatment. Read more to get about other different natural herpes remedies.
Know how to cure Herpes Simplex 1. Click here to know more about the cure for HSV 1