Can Using Ginger In Herpes be of Any Help In Dealing With The Most Threatening STD ?
More than half of the people suffer from some sexually transmitted disease at some point in their life, and if the disease is herpes, their life changes forever from that day onward. Living with herpes each day is a struggle for some years, and later on, either you get used to frequent herpes outbreaks, or become addicted to the antiviral medicines full of side effects. Whatever is the case, if herpes once enters your body, it will not leave that easily. Herpes is hence considered as the most threatening disease out of all the sexually transmitted diseases. Because of this threat, we cannot even imagine that something as common as ginger can treat herpes. But sometimes, the most common ingredient can do the unbelievable magic and leave you stunned with the results. Is it the same with ginger? We will talk about the capabilities of ginger and its impact on human health, but particularly the role of ginger in curing herpes.
Herpes can be distinguished as oral herpes and genital herpes. Oral herpes is the case when herpes simplex virus 1 infects the area on and near your mouth. Oral herpes is considered to be less dangerous, but only by those people who are unaware of ocular herpes. Genital herpes is another form of herpes in which the symptoms of herpes appear around, on and near the genitals. The virus strand which is responsible for genital herpes in most of the cases is herpes simplex virus 2. We have set of antiviral medicines working for both, but this would be the last way of treating herpes I would recommend to any herpes patient. You might be surprised, but this is what antiviral medicines have been gifting to all the herpes patients.
- Temporary relief in the symptoms of herpes without even touching the virus that safely lies inside your body.
- Burden on pocket with the unreasonable prices you are forced to pay every time you suffer from an outbreak just because you think there is no other solution.
- A bunch of side effects that are as permanent in your body as the herpes virus is. If you continue to rely on antiviral medicines for too long, the accumulation of these permanent side effects may burst out as a prominent health complication one day.
Some of you are here because you knew the potential and possible harms of antiviral medicines; others are here in a hope to find a cure of herpes in ginger. Whatever is the reason, you should thank god for saving your body from the dreadful side effects of the medicines. What about herpes? Is it not necessary to get treatment for herpes? Who can live with ugly sores and painful body for more than a week?
You don’t have to live with the sores, in fact you can control herpes virus with the help of ginger. Ginger in herpes treatment is the blessing of god sent to all those who cannot afford to have so many side effects of the medicinal treatment. The effect of ginger in herpes is nothing less than a miracle that would make you believe in natural and herbal treatments once again. You would fall in love with this simple remedy because it will take the most painful thing- herpes outbreaks, away from your body.
Ginger in Herpes
Ginger is known as a natural way to get rid of nausea and vomiting, but it is also famous for the health enhancing capabilities. Ginger is famous for its immunity enhancing action and anti- inflammatory properties, due to which it is very beneficial for human health. It is literally a powerhouse of health benefits and contains compounds that show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic properties to ease the symptoms of many minor and major health ailments. We all have some idea about all this, but ginger in herpes treatment is a new addition. Let us see what makes it suitable to use ginger in herpes treatment.
A study about the impact of ginger in herpes was published in “Phytomedicine” in the year 2008. In this study it was found that ginger oil inhibited HSV-2 activity in infected cells. HSV 2 (herpes simplex virus 2) is the same virus that causes genital herpes. This virus is the reason behind all the discomfort, embarrassment and unease you might be facing right now. Back in 2008 it was observed that ginger can act as an enemy for herpes simplex virus type 2. It was hard for the patients of genital herpes to believe on the same, but today we have many such studies proving the same.
Even before the concluding study on the impact of ginger in herpes, particularly on genital herpes, a study was conducted for finding the cure of oral herpes in the herb ginger. This study was published in “Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy,” and it was clearly seen that ginger oil had an inhibitory effect on HSV-1. You can use ginger oil directly on the cold sores and the activities of herpes simplex virus will stop at once.
Ginger can also deal with the high fever that often hits you if it is your first herpes outbreak. Imagine, you don’t have to buy a medicine even to lower down your temperature if you have ginger at home. Ginger in herpes is found effective because of its anti inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It acts as a natural pain reliever and you will get relief from the inflamed skin caused due to cold sores and muscle ache due to the rapid replication of herpes simplex virus going on inside your body.
Apart from all these benefits, one general health benefit of ginger can also affect the herpes outbreaks significantly. The immunity enhancing property of ginger can suppress the activation of herpes virus and hence help you get rid of the frequent herpes outbreaks. so, these were the impacts of ginger in herpes, and let us have a look at more reasons to use ginger.
Other Benefits of Ginger
You can treat all the digestion related ailments with the help of only a cup of ginger tea. Yes, taste is not all that ginger can give; it is very good for your stomach also. If you are suffering from acute indigestion or food poisoning, you may go for the juice of ginger; otherwise for all mild cases, drinking ginger tea will solve the problem. Apart from handling the digestive disorders, ginger has one more favor for the stomach of you people. One can prevent ulcers that are very common in stomach and can also treat some serious ailments like GERD. In all, we can say that using ginger as a treatment for herpes will not only help you with the cold sores and frequent outbreaks, but it will also be a treat to your suffering stomach.
This was not all ginger can do for your stomach, but yes, you might have had an idea about the benefits and capabilities of ginger by now. Let us see some other effects of ginger on human body.
- People suffering from viral fever are recommended to consume ginger after mixing it with some honey to help relieve the discomfort associated with viral fever.
- With the help of ginger tea, you can decrease the severity of symptoms of endometriosis, control the rate of growth and gradually get back your fertility.
- Ginger is well known for treating arthritis pains. At the same time ginger is a great anti-oxidant and antiseptic as well.
- Ginger can also be used along with turmeric. This combination would help in reducing the pain and inflammation caused due to appendix pain.
- Ginger, in its own, is a complete cure of arteriosclerosis and other artery related diseases. It thins down the blood and decreases the platelet aggregation.
- Ginger can be used in almost every problem that has something to do with your respiratory tract, be it common cold, cough or even asthma.
Before this, you weren’t actually aware of the role of ginger in herpes cure, but now you have so many reasons to use ginger as a cure in herpes. Ginger also is said to raise the immunity and hence you can save yourself from many diseases, and herpes surely is in the list. Let us see how we can use the amazing ginger root for herpes treatment.
How to use ginger in herpes?
There are three ways in which you can use ginger in order to avail benefits of the natural herb. If you are a regular tea drinker, you might have an idea about the amazing flavor ginger can add to tea, but there are many other ways to use it.
- And because I love tea, the first one is my favorite- adding it to tea. Adding ginger to the cup of tea not only introduces a nice flavor to your tea, but also adds up medicinal properties to it. Once your tea is ready add some grated ginger to it and boil it for a few more minutes. This one is the mildest way of taking in ginger and have immunity enhancing effects, thus you can have it even when you do not have much health issues. If you are treating herpes with herbal teas, ginger can be added to these also. In fact, if you are finding the taste too bad, try adding the juice of ginger and things will change for sure.
- If you don’t like tea or want to cure herpes really fast, the second method is for you. The second one is to grate ginger and have the juice of the herb directly. If you do not like the taste, add honey to make it edible. This one is a very strong method and hence you should not consume more than one tablespoon of ginger juice.
- If you cannot arrange fresh ginger at all, neither in tea nor for juice, the third one is for you. You can buy dried powder of ginger from the nearby store. Consume this powder either after mixing it with honey or simple add it to the cup of tea. Keep in mind, the dried powder of ginger is too strong in comparison to fresh ginger. So, don’t replace it with exactly same amount. Try to keep it light and herpes will be out of the frame gradually. You will not get instant results by consuming more amounts at once.
- According to some studies, ginger oil can also be used as a tool to fight with diseases and infections like herpes. You can treat cold sores with the application of ginger oil. This is easily available online or you can also try to find it at your nearby health store.
- The last and least preferable way of using ginger is through tablets. Ginger tablets are present in market, but try not to have it this way if you really want to take care of your health in a natural way. Prefer to find one of the above discussed products and use them as directed. In case it is next to impossible for you, just have ginger supplement after talking with your doctor about it.
Ginger in herpes treatment is extremely effective and you can use it without even thinking about any side effects. But, while consuming ginger oil or the supplement of ginger, make sure you consult your doctor to get an idea about the right dose. You can also combine the two or more ways of using ginger in herpes, but make sure you do not consume more than 4 grams of ginger each day, because it might trigger certain side effects such as bleeding, vomiting, or nausea. Over consumption is surely not going to help you achieve what you want, hence let things work gradually and soon you will live a herpes outbreak free life.