What are the methods of home treatment for herpes?
Yes, this is the question you must be thinking after being familiar with the fact that you are also in the list of herpes sufferers and tasting the variety of side-effects that over-the-counter medicines gift us. But, before that, do you know what is herpes and how does it happen to you? Let’s have a brief discussion over this:
Herpes is a kind of cold sores that you can develop on your body and it is caused due to the attack of herpes simple virus. Remedial measures can be taken for dealing with herpes and avoiding the painful outbreaks.
Described below are some of the natural ways of home treatment for herpes:
- Olive Oil: If considered, olive oil is one of the best efficient natural remedies for herpes cure. Easy to get and fast in effect. Olive oil is known for moisturizing the skin. It is rich in anti-oxidants and is one of the best ways of home treatment for herpes sores. Take one cup of olive oil. Heat it in a pot and add some lavender oil and bee wax in it. Let the mixture cool down. After cooling, apply the mixture on the infected area. Olive oil is not only good for other health purposes but it is a lesser known fact that it delivers a much better relief in herpes outbreak. It can be applied alone and can also be mixed with other products to enhance effect.
- Echinacea: Echinacea is a medicinal plant and has anti-viral properties. It is known for enhancing the immune system. All parts of Echinacea plant, namely flowers, leaves, and roots can be used for healing cold sores. It can be consumed in the form of tea, juices, or pills. It will surely be proved as an efficient home treatment for herpes cure.
- Ice Pack: Ice pack can give you instant relief if applied for adequate amount of time and act as an effective herpes natural cure. Ice cubes can be sued to reduce the swelling or pain or the redness of the oral herpes. It can be applied every 3 to 4 hours to reduce the pain and redness of sores. Burning sensation and itching are not uncommon during a herpes outbreak, and nothing can treat burning cold sores better than ice cubes. Also it is the easiest remedy to get rid of cold sores soon.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is an effective home treatment for herpes cure which help getting rid of cold sores fast. It provides relief in the literally burning sores. Take a cotton ball and damp it in baking soda. Apply it directly on the infected area. This is the best remedy if you have cold sores on a stage where fluid has started developing inside them. This is the most painful time and soon after this the sores will disappear. The sooner they dry out and sooner will they vanish, for which baking soda is an excellent drying agent.
- Tea Tree Oil: To heal the herpes sores outbreak, tea tree oil is a useful home treatment for herpes. Take some water in a glass. Add few drops of tea tree oil and gargle to remove ulcers from mouth. For genital herpes, use an eye-dropper to put drops on the infected area. it will be a well proven natural cure for herpes.
- Cornstarch: If you are searching for herpes home remedies without any side-effect, you can give a break at this. This one is also a commonly used way of home treatment for herpes. Measure out 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and place in a small bowl. Mix in 1 teaspoon of fresh water. Add more water slowly until you achieve a paste-like consistency. Put a dab on your cold sore before bed, and rinse off gently with water in the morning. You can repeat the same process until you see skin perfectly normal, trust me it would not take that much time. You can use one of the other ways during day time and use this method at night to enhance healing. Always keep in mind one thing while using this remedy and that is not to put the same cotton swab twice on the cold sores. This act can lead to spreading of the infection on other sites as well. In fact if you put the cotton that touched your sores just once back into the cornstarch paste, the entire solution can become contaminated and the outputs of which you can very well imagine.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is a very commonly used herb for fighting cold sores. It has got amazing healing properties that can be very well exploited by herpes patients. You can easily trust this method to get rid of cold sores because it is the oldest way used by mankind. Some proofs suggest that aloe vera has been used to resolve skin issues for last 6000 years. Even today aloe vera is an essential component of almost every other beauty product and ointment. You can apply aloe vera gel on the painful cold sores as many times as you want as it will not only kill the virus, but the cooling effect will also soothe your skin of burning sensation. Try to get it in natural form, but if you cannot, an ointment with maximum percentage of aloe vera gel is also equivalent to the former. Hope this will clear doubt about how to get rid of cold sores.
- Soap and Warm Water: It is the simplest method and we often do it at home for curing HSV 2. You will think about how is it going to be helpful in HSV 2 cure, right? Soaking in a bath of warm water can alleviate the pain associated with the sores brought on by a bout of genital herpes. Nothing is easily available than warm water at home and it is a tested fact that it is an instant pain reliever. Soaking the herpes sore in warm water surely relieves the pain and itching. To keep the affected area infection-free and clean, use soap. After all, keeping an area that’s covered with sores clean and free of infection is one step closer to healing the sores.
Soaking the herpes sore in warm water surely relieves the pain and itching.
- Black coffee: Black coffee is yet another easily available way of treating cold sores. Black coffee is one of the best natural remedies for herpes to treat the painful and itchy sores. If the question how to get rid of cold sores is still bothering you, you can opt this option. The cold sores in the mouth cause severe pain. To treat them fast, you are required to prepare black coffee. Let it cool down and take a sip. Hold it in the mouth for some time. Move it onto the lips as well. For best results, repeat the process twice a day.
Other home made ointments can be prepared using Manuka Honey, Epsom Salt, Domeboro Powder, Lysine, Natural Oils, Goldenseal or Oregano Oil.