Herbal Cure for Herpes Genital
Genital Herpes is a sexually-transmitted disease caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). It causes lesions in the form of blisters or ulcers on and around the genitals of both men and women. There is no cure for Herpes as such, but there are treatments and other natural medicines, called herbal cure for herpes, which can remove Herpes from occurring again and again. This highly contagious disease can be cured considering Herpes as a fungal infection and not as a disease.
Causes of Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is caused due to the following reasons:
- Direct contact with the open sores of any HSV infected person.
- Sexual contact with someone having genital herpes already
- Oral sex with a person having open sores on or near the mouth.
- Touching the oozing sores
- Sharing towels, razor, clothes, etc of any infected person
- Genital herpes in females might be due to pregnancy
- Unprotected anal, oral or vaginal sex
Facts About Genital Herpes
- According to Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, every one in six people are affected by genital herpes
- The largest number of the HSV infected population in between the age 14-49
- 75% to 80% of the Americans carry at least one type of Herpes Simplex Virus (Type-1 or Type-2)
- 78% of new genital herpes infections in men were identified to be caused by HSV-1
- 7% of the genital herpes cases in women were diagnosed to be caused by HSV-1
- Around 90% of the HSV infected population is not aware of it
- At some point in the future, almost half the population will be infected by genital herpes, according to a study.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes
- The symptoms of genital herpes might occur 4-7 days or even more than that, after the HSV has entered the body. As the virus goes to “sleep” after entering the body and activates only after sometime, causing the first episode of outbreaks.
- Cracked skin or redness near the genital areas without pain or itching
- Tingling or itching around the genitals or anal region
- Small blisters on the genitals, buttocks, thighs or rectal areas
- Small blisters cracking into painful sores
- Sometimes blisters occur inside urethra causing discomfort and pain during passing urine
- Vaginal discharge in women
- Constant backaches and fatigue
- Flu-like symptoms, including fever and swollen lymph nodes
Treating Herpes with Herbal Supplements
The following are the herbal remedies for herpes that have been found highly effective in alleviating the symptoms of genital herpes.
Echinacea is a medicinal plant, a well known herbal cure for hereps, known to cure the symptoms of herpes to some extent. All the part of Echinacea plant such as, the leaves, flowers and roots have medicinal value. It is found that the plant has anti-viral properties that make it a suitable supplement for the treatment of herpes. It is available in the form of pills, teas or juices and can be taken as safely 2-3 times a day. It helps in reducing the pain in the blisters and prevents further outbreaks. It can treat as an effective herbal treatment for herpes.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known for its anti-bacterial properties and it widely used in curing many skin-related problems. It is anti-fungal and thus an effective herpes herbal cure for preventing the fungi growth in any part of the body. Genital Herpes is also a type of fungal infection that occurs on or around the genital area. Using diluted tea tree oil directly on the blisters or sores helps to soothe the oozing lesions. It also prevents the bacteria from spreading to further regions. Tea tree oil has many more benefits to gift us, but as we are talking about herpes only, it can be efficiently used as an effective herbal cure for herpes.
Licorice roots have therapeutic properties which are highly effective in treatment of many diseases. It is rich in glycyrrhizic acid which fights against the Herpes Simplex Virus. It targets on destroying the DNA of the virus itself and helps in controlling the multiplication of the virus inside the body. The roots of the licorice plant contain all the essential nutrients to cure genital herpes symptoms. It can be taken in the form of capsules every day over a period of time, to notice results. However, people with heart problems and pregnant women should avoid this completely, since it lowers the potassium level in the body. It is its all properties place it in the list of best herbal cures for herpes.
Domeboro powder is a herbal cure for herpes that we all are familiar with. It can be used to heal genital herpes outbreaks in the form of compress or wet dressing. It is available in the form of powder and should be mixed with water in order to use it. Dabbing a cotton in the domeboro solution and applying directly on the sores or blisters in the genitals, heals them faster. The area should be covered with sanitized cotton dressing always.
Goldenseal is a potent herbal cure for herpes due to the presence of alkaloids berberine, hydrastine and canadine. These phytochemical alkaloids produce a strong astringent effect on the mucous membranes. It helps in reducing the inflammation and pain due to the outbreaks in the case of genital Herpes. It has anti-septic properties which make it ideal for using it to reduce the severity and pain of the sores and blisters. A paste made using walnut hull powder and Echinacea and goldenseal is found highly effective in genital herpes. It is also available in the form of tinctures and salves and bulk powder.
Lysine is an amino acid found in most of the dairy products like milk and cheese, etc. It is also high in food like brewer’s yeast, chicken, etc. Did you think of it to be an effective herbal cure for herpes? Well, this helps in faster healing of the sores and outbreaks in the case of genital herpes. It is required to be taken in prescribed amount to treat herpes. Apart from the food, it is also available in the form of supplements which can be taken to fulfill the nutritional needs of the body and to combat the painful symptoms of Herpes.
These herbal supplements have been proved to work effective than the OTC medicines like Acyclovir, Valcyclovir and Famivir. The results are shown over the time after using these supplements, but it is far better than the side effects involved in the other medicines, when taken in recommended quantities.